Would you like to learn more about our school?
We'd be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Give us a call at 780-437-0366.
- Children who are four years of age on or before March 1 may register for kindergarten for the upcoming school year.
- Registration forms are available in the school office.
- Please bring your child’s birth certificate.
Please visit EPSB's Find-A-School tool to determine your designated school.
REGISTRATION FOR 2018-19 SCHOOLYEAR
For students currently enrolled at Edmonton Public Schools:
Between March 12 and April 16, 2018, parents of students currently attending District schools can select their child’s preferred school for 2018-2019 by signing in to their parent SchoolZone account. You can even use the mobile version of SchoolZone to complete the process directly from your Smartphone!
For students who are NEW to Edmonton Public Schools:
A registration form can be downloaded from the Edmonton Public Schools website (www.epsb.ca), or obtained from the school office. It needs to be returned to the Sweet Grass School office between February 1, 2018 at 9:00 am and April 16, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
Students are guaranteed acceptance if they reside in our attendance area or have siblings who will continue to be enrolled at Sweet Grass for the 2018-19 school year.
Parents will need to bring in the following supporting documentation to verify student identity and that their residence is in our catchment area:
- Student’s Canadian Birth Certificate (or proof of eligibility to attend school in Canada, for example, Canadian Passport/PR Card/Citizenship Card or Certificate WITH Non-Canadian Birth Certificate if the student was born outside Canada) , AND
- Minimum of three documents from the following list for proof of residence address:
- Parent’s Driver’s License
- Utility Bills for the residence
- Other Bills or Bank Statements
- Rental Agreement / Mortgage document
- Please note that the above documents all need to show parent(s) name and consistent mailing/service address within the school attendance boundary.
Registration deadline is Monday, April 16, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
Please be aware that Sweet Grass School has an optimal enrollment limit. In our regular program, we will accommodate all students who live in our attendance boundaries and select Sweet Grass prior to the registration deadline. While each year we also accept students from outside our boundaries we have an enrollment cap in all of our classes that cannot be exceeded. Should we receive more applications for a program than we can accept we will employ a random selection process in accordance with EPSB guidelines.
For our International Spanish Academy program, we will only be accepting one class per grade and students may only enter the program in Kindergarten and grade 1 unless they are able to demonstrate proficiency in Spanish.